2022 World Cup: Best Bets for the Netherlands
by Yunchu Li | by Kevin Richard
Qatar 2022: What bets to make for the Netherlands?
The last time the Dutch national team played at a FIFA World Cup, they finished third after beating hosts Brazil in 2014, four years after having played in the 2010 World Cup final. The Dutch powered their way to Qatar 2022 after finishing top of Group G in the qualifiers with 23 points. After getting to the semi-finals the last two times they took part in the competition, they will be hoping they return with a bang. Facing Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal, what bets should we be placing on the Netherlands in the 2022 World Cup? What World Cup Predictions for the Oranje ?
What’s to expect of the Dutch at Qatar 2022?
The Netherlands have been to the World Cup finals 10 times and on three of these occasions, they’ve gone all the way to the final, and lost all. Their most recent was a loss to Spain in the 2010 World Cup. From then on it has been downward for the Dutch and after making it to the Euro 2020 finals and going all the way to the Round of 16, they should have warmed up well for such a top competition.
In 2019 they got to the UEFA Nations League final and they now have the big stage feel, which is important for such competitions. They also qualified from a tough group that included Turkey, Norway and Montenegro and their caliber of players should be enough to see them through the group stage.
When it comes to experience, the Dutch have players who fit the bill when it comes to performance at the big stage. A number of the players who featured in the team in the 2014 World Cup are still around, and are expected to be key for the team in this competition. Louis van Gaal, the man who led the team in the 2014 competition is back for another stint and it has been great so far.
Goalkeeper Jasper Cillesen, Rolando Martins Indi, Daley Blind, Memphis Depay and Stephan de Vrij are all still key members of the team and now they have even more solid players. Virgil van Dijk is set to get his first taste of a major competition after missing the Euro 2020 with injury, and he will be crucial in defence.
World Cup 2022: Netherlands fixtures
Netherlands are in Group A of the finals. They will face the hosts, Qatar, South American side Ecuador and the African champions Senegal. Going into the competition, they are the best ranked in this group at eighth in the world. Closest to them is Senegal, who are 18th then Ecuador and Qatar are 44th and 49th respectively. Based on this alone, the minimum expectation from Netherlands is that they make it out of the group as the top finisher.
Their full group stage schedule is as follows:
- Monday 21/11/2022 vs Senegal at Al Thumama Stadium
- Friday 25/11/2022 vs Ecuador at Khalifa International Stadium
- Tuesday 29/11/2022 vs Qatar at Al Bayt Stadium
How to bet on Netherlands at the 2022 World Cup
The Netherlands were not at the most recent World Cup finals and their appearance at the 2022 European Championship was the first after missing two major competitions. They are thus not billed as favorites to win this competition but for a side that has been to three different finals, and the quality of their players, the minimum expectation is that they will finish top of Group A.
Bet365 has the Dutch at 1.40 to win Group A while VBet has the same odds for Louis van Gaal’s team to top the group so this looks like a safe option to bet on already. Their opening game, against Senegal, is vital, with Senegal coming into the competition on the back of a very good run. These two are the highest ranked in the group and the winner here will have an upper hand as far as advancing to the next stage is concerned. Netherlands will definitely go into this game as favorites, with odds of 1.65 to start with a win.
Match Day 2 at the World Cup will pit the Netherlands against Ecuador, an opponent they’ve met twice before in friendly matches, winning one and drawing the other. The South Americans being the unpredictable opponents they are, could pull a fast one on the Dutch, having suffered just one loss in the final seven qualification matches. They managed just one win in the last five qualification matches but a draw is never too far in this case, with high odds of 3.82.
The Netherlands’ final game at the group stages will be against the home team, Qatar, who are also the lowest ranked in this competition. The draw for this competition was termed fair to the Dutch and toughest for the hosts, going by the progression of opponents from the first to last group game. Netherlands are expected to sail past the hosts with relative ease here with the hosts handed odds of 10.5 to win this game, and Netherlands 1.29.
More about 2022 FIFA World Cup :
- 2022 World Cup: Our Betting Tips
- Where is the 2022 World Cup being played?
- Bookmakers: who will win the 2022 World Cup?
- World Cup 2022: our tips for getting started in sports betting
- How to bet on the 2022 World Cup?
- How to use the Cash Out during the 2022 World Cup?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: Which Continent will win in Qatar?
- 2022 World Cup Schedule: The best matches
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Ghana?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Cameroon?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for the USA?
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Canada
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Wales
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Portugal
- Spain’s chances in 2022 World Cup
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Germany
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Brazil?
- World Cup 2022: What bets to make for Qatar
- Argentina in 2022 World Cup: Messi's swansong
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Australia?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: What bets to make for France?
- 2022 Football World Cup: What bets to make for England?
- Qatar 2022: who will win the Golden Boot?
- 2022 Football World Cup: PL Players To Watch in Qatar
- On Which Channels Can You Watch the 2022 World Cup in the UK, South Africa and Nigeria?
- World Cup 2022: three big odds for the jackpot?
- 2022 Football World Cup: you can bet on these players
- World Cup records: what can I bet on?
- World Cup 2022 Betting Sites: the best Bookmakers
- Our 2022 World Cup prediction table
- How to compare all World Cup Teams?
- How will Europeans bet during the 2022 World Cup? (Infographic)
- World Cup 2022: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions