2022 Football World Cup: you can bet on these players
by Yunchu Li | by Kevin Richard
Sports betting: which players to follow for your bets on the 2022 World Cup?
If you like to bet on football, you're bound to be in front of your TV between 20 November and 18 December. Every four years, the FIFA World Cup will liven up the days of millions of punters around the world, who are looking for interesting bets on the matches of the day. To spice things up, let’s take a look at six players that you must follow closely during the World Cup if you are a punter. Most of them are obviously not playing for countries who are favourites to win the tournament according to our World Cup prediction, but you will still have to consider them when you place your wager.
Mitrović, the Serbian striker
A powerful but also highly technical striker, 28-year-old Aleksandar Mitrović is already known to most football fans. Mitrović was impressive at Anderlecht and a little less so at Newcastle, and now he is in the best years of his career at Fulham. The talented striker scored 43 goals in the Championship last year with the English club (+ 4 for the national team), and had a magnificent season, breaking many records. This season, at the time of writing, he has scored 6 times in 7 Premier League games. For the national team, he scored a hat-trick against Sweden and a goal against Norway in the last meeting. In exceptional form, he forms a superb attack with Kostić and Vlahovic (Juventus) or even Tadić (Ajax). Mature and probably at the peak of his career, he should have a great World Cup. Against Brazil, Cameroon or Switzerland, Mitrovic could well bring you back some winnings by finding the back of the net. Maybe he will even take Serbia to the second round? As each World Cup tends to produce some surprises, why not Serbia this time?
Kamada, Japan's boss
Daichi Kamada plays for Eintracht Frankfurt. You may have seen him play against Olympique de Marseille in the Champions League recently, where he put in an excellent performance. Winner of the Europa League last year, the Japanese international is one of the best players of the moment for his nation. Skillful and clean with the ball, he will surely be the leader of this Japanese team during the 2022 World Cup. During the January international break, Kamada opened the scoring in a friendly against the USA. In 6 Bundesliga games in Frankfurt, he was on target 7 times (4 goals and 3 assists), which is as many as last year! So don't be surprised if he has a great World Cup and causes problems for Germany, Spain and Costa Rica. His name could well make you place some bets on Japan.
Giovanni Reyna, the American Golden Boy
A very young player (19 years old) playing for Borussia Dortmund, Giovanni Reyna has been one of the future stars announced in the football world for several years now. If we still have to be patient with this young attacking midfielder who is full of potential, he could well show all his talent during the 2022 World Cup. He was injured for a long time with his club last year, but he is still called up to the US squad and could be highly influential for the US. During the last break in September, he played 45 minutes against Japan and 29 minutes against Saudi Arabia. He was not enough to be decisive, but the pure qualities are there, and he could well help his country to reach the last 16 of the World Cup. The odds looks good at the bookmakers.
Hirving Lozano, Mexico's top winger
The Napoli winger, who has not been in form this season with the Italian club, is nonetheless a player of great quality. At PSV, he had exploded onto the scene and attracted the attention of many of Europe's top clubs. In the national team, he is still Mexico's attacking leader, and he is often decisive. For example, he scored the only goal against Peru in the September friendly. In the 3-2 loss to Colombia, he was rested. In a team with quality players, he is able to express himself much more than at club level, which could win you some bets during the 2022 World Cup. In a group with Argentina, Poland and Saudi Arabia, the Mexicans have the quality to reach the last 16, and Lozano is likely to be the key to success.
Iñaki Williams, late international
The Athletic Bilbao player, who had long been considered for the Spanish national team, finally chose to represent Ghana. He played his first minutes for his country in September (45 against Brazil and 85 against Nicaragua). The 28-year-old has a lot of catching up to do after all those years without a national team, but he will try to delight his new fans during the World Cup in Qatar. In a tough group with Portugal, Uruguay and South Korea, he will surely stand out. His speed and percussion could well make the difference in these three games. It's not certain that this will be enough to reach the finals of the competition, but betting on the Ghanaian player will clearly be worth trying during the World Cup.
Heung-min Son, the Korean star
Finally, let's talk about superstar Heung-min-Son. He is no stranger to the game, but we wanted to tell you about him. In the same group as Inaki mentioned above (Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay), Son should be a danger in all the games he plays. The Tottenham player, who has been so impressive for Spurs since his arrival, will be a constant goal-threat. He was joint top scorer in the Premier League last year, but had a slightly disappointing start to the season before scoring a hat-trick against Leicester. Always decisive for his country and clearly the leader of this team, he has already scored over 30 goals for South Korea. Opposing teams will have to do all they can to stop him getting on the scoresheet.
More about 2022 FIFA World Cup :
- Our exclusive betting tips on Qatar World Cup
- Where is the 2022 World Cup being played?
- Bookmakers: who will win the 2022 World Cup?
- World Cup 2022: our tips for getting started in sports betting
- How to bet on the 2022 World Cup?
- How to use the Cash Out during the 2022 World Cup?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: Which Continent will win in Qatar?
- 2022 World Cup Schedule: The best matches
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Ghana?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Cameroon?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for the USA?
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Canada
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Wales
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Portugal
- Spain’s chances in 2022 World Cup
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Germany
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for the Netherlands?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Brazil?
- 2022 World Cup : What bets to make for Qatar?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Australia?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: What bets to make for France?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: What bets to make for Argentina?
- 2022 Football World Cup: What bets to make for England?
- Qatar 2022: who will win the Golden Boot?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: Premier League Players to Watch
- On Which Channels Can You Watch the 2022 World Cup?
- World Cup 2022: three big odds for the jackpot?
- World Cup records: what can I bet on?
- World Cup 2022 Betting Sites: the best Bookmakers
- Our 2022 World Cup prediction table
- How to compare all World Cup Teams?
- How will Europeans bet during the 2022 World Cup? (Infographic)
- What are the best betting sites Offers and Promotions for the football World Cup?