Europa League Betting Tips
Discover our detailed tips and predictions for the next matches in the 2019/20 Europa League.
The 2019/20 Europa League
The Europa League sees clubs from across Europe battle it out to lift this trophy. It may be in the shadows of the more prestigious Champions League but clubs still want to win this competition, especially as the winner qualifies for the Champions League the following season. It was back on June 11 that the preliminary round of the competition began with teams such as Cardiff Metropolitan University, Prishtina and Tre Fiori trying to get as far as they can in the 2019/20 Europa League.
As the months have gone by, higher ranked teams have entered the competition as well as clubs knocked out of the Champions League in the qualifying rounds. Over 200 clubs are taking part in the Europa League this season and that total is now down to the final 32 and the knock-out stages will begin on February 20. 24 of those sides have qualified via the group stages of this competition. The other eight are the teams that finished third in ther Champions League groups. Our team of betting experts will supply you with lots of information about the knock-out stages and hopefully provide you with plenty of winners.
Europa League Expert Predictions
Betting on the Europa League requires you to take several factors into consideration. One of these is the line-ups that sides will play for these games as clubs do field weakened teams. With important domestic league games to be played at the weekend, that is understandable, so checking how many team changes have been made is important. The number of changes made could be higher if there is a key domestic game being played at the weekend, if the Europa League match involves a long journey or the side is playing a second leg and have a big lead from the first one played.
The top teams have strong squads so can rotate their squads and still get good results in the Europa League. The further we progress in the tournament, the stronger the line-ups tend to become. With a trophy to be won and a place in next season's Champions League at stake, that's a logical decision to make.
Statistics play a key part in the betting world we live in. Our betting experts will be studying as many statistics as possible to back up the predictions they make. If the stats show that a team is playing a series of low-scoring games, then a suggestion to bet on the under 2.5 goals market will be made. Our experts will be looking at the home and away records of all the clubs they have the task of predicting results for.
Look out for the Europa League Trends
The group stages have taken place, so we have lots of statistics that we can examiine regarding the 32 teams that will take part in the knock-out stages of the Europa League. Below is a list of statistics for each of the qualifiers for the knock-out stages that could prove very useful when the competition resumes.
- Sevilla - Won five of their six group games with no goals conceded at home and only three in total.
- APOEL - Won two out of three home group games
- Malmo - Four out of their six group games had under 2.5 goals scored in them. Their six group matches only had 14 goals scored in them.
- Copenhagen - Drew three of their six group matches. Only nine goals scored in their group games with every single one having under 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Basel - Won all three of their home group matches.
- Getafe - Two of their three home group matches had under 2.5 goals scored in them.
- LASK - Were victorious in all three of their home group matches.
- Sporting Lisbon - All three of their home group games were won but two out of three away from home were lost.
- Celtic - Won all three of their home group matches.
- Cluj - All three won at home in their group but two of their three away games ended in defeat.
- Arsenal - Five of their six group games had over 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Eintracht Frankfurt - Conceded seven goals in three home group games. All but one of their matches had over 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Porto - Both teams scored in four of their six group games and ended the group as winners but with a minus goal difference.
- Rangers - Unbeaten at home in the group stages and each of those games had under 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Espanyol - Four out of their six group games had under 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Ludogorets Razgrad - Two of their six group matches had six goals scored in them.
- Gent - Unbeaten in their group but half their games were drawn.
- Wolfsburg - Scored in all but one of their group games.
- Istanbul Basakhesir - Won their group despite ending with a -2 goal difference. Only won one of their home games but won two on their travels.
- Roma - Drew two of their three home group matches.
- Braga - Scored 15 goals in their group with all but one of their games having over 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers - Won four of their last five group matches.
- Manchester United - Only conceded two goals in their grooup with five clean sheets and no home goals let in,
- AZ - Scored eight goals in three home games and 15 overall.
- Club Brugge - Didn't win any of their Champions League group matches and only scored one home goal.
- Olympiakos - Four of their six Champions League group games had over 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Shakhtar Donetsk - Conceded eight goals at home in their Champions League group,
- Bayer Leverkusen - Conceded in five of their six Champions League group games.
- Red Bull Salzburg - Their six Champions League group games saw 29 goals scored.
- Inter Milan - Scored in each of their six Champions League group matches.
- Benfica - Each of their six Champions League group games had over 2.5 goals scored in them.
- Ajax - Lost two of their three home games in their Champions League group but scored nine goals in three away games.
The 2019/20 Europa League Group Stages - Final Tables
Group A: Sevilla 15 APOEL 7 Qarabag 4 F91 Dudelange 3
Group B: Copenhagen 9 Malmo 8 Dynamo Kiev 6 Lugano 2
Group C: Basel 10, Getafe 9 Krasnodar 9 Trabzonspor 1
Group D: Sporting Lisbon 12 LASK 10 PSV 7 Rosenborg 0
Group E: Celtic 13 CFR Cluj 9 Lazio 6 Rennes 1
Group F: Arsenal 10 Eintracht Frankfurt 9 Standard Liege 7 Vitoria de Guimaraes 2
Group G: Rangers 8 Porto 7 Young Boys 7 Feyenoord 5
Group H: Espanyol 11 Ludogorets Razgrad 7 Ferencvaros 6 CSKA Moscow 2
Group I: Gent 9 Wolsfburg 8 Saint-Etienne 4 Oleksandriya 3
Group J: Borussia Monchengladbach 8 Roma 8 Istanbul Basaksehir 7 Wolfsberger 4
Group K: Braga 11 Wolves 19 Slovan Bratislava 4 Besiktas 3
Group L: ,Manchester United 10 AZ Alkmaar 9 Partizan 5 FC Astana 3
Draw for the Last 32
The draw has been made for the last 32 and there are some great games to be looking forward too. Our team of betting experts will be previewing these ties in the week leading up to these matches. The first legs take place on February 20 with the second legs being played on February 26 and 27.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Espanyol
- Sporting Lisbon v İstanbul Başakşehir
- Getafe v Ajax
- Bayer Leverkusen v Porto
- Copenhagen v Celtic
- APOEL v Basel
- CFR Cluj v Sevilla
- Olympiacos v Arsenal
- AZ v LASK
- Club Brugge v Manchester United
- Ludogorets Razgrad v Inter Milan
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Red Bull Salzburg
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Benfica
- Wolfsburg v Malmo FF
- Roma v Gent
- Rangers v Braga
Ties of the round include Eintracht Frankfurt, who reached the last four in the 2018/19 season, up against Red Bull Salzburg who finished third in their Champions League group. This looks like being a tie that will see plenty of goals scored. Olympiacos took on Tottenham in the Champions League and now face another journey to North London as they take on Arsenal, who lost in the final last season. The Londoners are struggling to secure a top four finish in the Premier League, so it looks like they will have to win this competition if they want Champions League football next season.
Inter Milan are going well in Serie A but again failed to make it out of their Champions League group. They take on Ludogorets Razgrad in the Europa League last 32. It won't be an easy tie but they should be able to progress to the last sixteen. Manchester United are another side that might have to win this competition to secure Champions League football. They have to take on Club Brugge who have been transferred from the Champions League. They don't have a great European record though and United should be able to beat them.
Scottish football could do wiith a good European run and both Celtic and Rangers have good chances of making it into the next round. Other ties that should produce plenty of thrills include Shakhtar Donetsk v Benfica and Bayer Leverkusen up against Porto.
Odds on who will win the 2019/20 Europa League
Manchester United - 6/1
Sevilla - 13/2
Ajax - 7/1
Inter Milan - 8/1
Arsenal - 9/1
Roma - 12/1
Wolverhampton Wanderers- 12/1
Red Bull Salzburg - 16/1
Bayer Leverkusen - 25/1
Sevilla Chasing Their Sixth Win
Whether it be the UEFA Cup or the Europa League as it is now known, Sevilla have enjoyed tremendous sucess. Two UEFA Cup wins and then three successive Europa League titles between 2014 and 2016. They are back again chasing a sixth win but probably not too happy about it. The Europa League is full of clubs who are still having nightmares over the fact that they didn't qualify for the Champions League. Sevilla fall into that category having finished just two points behind the final Champions League qualifying position in La Liga ending the season with a run of four points from their last four games. With only one home loss in their last 25 Europa League games, they will again be a threat in this competition. That was shown in the group stages as they won all three home games without conceding a single goal. Only three goals were conceded by Sevilla in their group, a total only beaten by Manchester United.
Manchester United Eyeing another European Trophy
Manchester United won the Europa League in the 2016/17 season qualifying them for the Champions League the following season. Last season saw them lose to Barcelona in the quarter finals of the Champions League. Only being able to finish sixth in the English Premier League, they are back in the secondary European club competition this term. They won their group but had a few struggles along the way. Just how important this competition will be to United depends on their Premier League campaign. They have a decent chance of a top four finish (currently fifth at time of writing) but if their league form stutters, then winning the Europa League and getting that pass into the Champions League will become more and more important to them.
Arsenal Gunning to go One Step Further
Arsenal are spending a third straight season in the Europa League. They have come close to lifting the trophy in both of the last two seasons. In 2017/18, they lost to eventual winners Atletico Madrid in the semi-finals. They made it to the final last year losing to Chelsea, so will they go one step further and win the Europa League this season? They have achieved a lot considering their policy of playing young sides and resting regular first-teamers. They haven't had a great season to date and a top four finish in the Premier League isn't looking likely. Arsenal did well to win their group and another run into the latter stages of this tournament looks likely.
Ajax a Major Threat
Ajax reached the semi-finals of the Champions League last season and were minutes away from making it into the final. They are again top of the Dutch league this season but failed to make it out of their Champions League group. It was a close battle but they lost out to Valencia and Chelsea. Now they are in the Europa League and can be strongly fancied to get past Getafe in the last 32. They will definitely pose a threat to any side they face in this competition.
Europa League 2019/20: Our free betting tips
Chelsea won the Europa League last season but after they qualified for the knock-out stages of the Champions League, there will definitely be a new winner this season, but who? Plenty of the teams in thie knock-out stages have already played in the Champions League this season, so that is something you need to consider when making your selections. It's going to be a long and exciting road to the final in Gdansk. There are matches to be enjoyed and to make profit out of. Make sure you read all our previews written by our team of betting experts. Also, check out the odds comparisons to make sure you get the very best odds when placing your bets.