Our 2022 World Cup prediction table
by Yunchu Li | by Kevin Richard
We are almost there, the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is about to start. For almost a month, the whole planet will be living to the rhythm of football, the predictions on the 2022 World Cup, and the courses of the countries playing in the finals.
France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina,England, the Netherlands and Belgium will all be in Qatar. A notable exception is Italy, the European champions but missing out on their second straight World Cup finals. What can we expect? Which nations can pull off a surprise? Here are our predictions.
2022 World Cup prediction chart
Our explanation on the qualifiers
To understand the reasoning of our football prediction specialists, here are some useful explanations. To begin with, let's look at the reasons behind the teams in the Round of 16.
In Group A are the host nation Qatar but our experts have no doubt that the Netherlands, who are more talented and experienced than their opponents, will take first place. Behind them, Senegal are expected to take second place and reach the Round of 16. Qatar and Ecuador seem to be a step below them.
Group B should logically be dominated by England, who have a fine generation of players and should reach the knockout phase if playing at their best. The United States are expected to finish second, ahead of Wales but will need to improve their away form.
In Group C, Argentina should set the pace and finish first. Poland, who have an interesting squad with Robert Lewandowski at the helm, could take the second qualifying spot. Mexico could be the surprise package, but the 2022 World Cup looks like it could (finally) be a good one for the Poles.
In Group D, Denmark and France will be neck and neck. The French should still finish top of the group with the Danes likely to finish in second place, ahead of Tunisia and Australia.
In Group E, two European giants are present. Former World Cup winners Spain and Germany will be battling for top spot, and are likely to take the last 16 places at the expense of Japan and Costa Rica. The Germans, who are more experienced could finish ahead of the Spaniards.
In Group F, we have Belgium who finished third in the 2018 World Cup. They should be able to finish ahead of Croatia who were the finalists four years ago. Morocco should finish in third, ahead of Canada.
Check out the odds on Qatar World Cup/ctaLink]
In Group G, Brazil are the overwhelming favourites to finish top. Switzerland should be able to pip Serbia and Cameroon to reach the last 16 of the tournament.
Finally, in Group H, the last of this World Cup 2022, Portugal and Uruguay are expected to fight it out for first place. The 2016 European champions, with their talent, could well take first place ahead of the South Americans. This is the expectation of many of our experts on the World Cup.
Start your sports betting on 2022 World Cup
Our explanation of the finals
Now that you know our opinion on the World Cup group stages, let’s take a look at the knockout rounds.
The Round of 16
According to our experts' analysis during the group stage, the Netherlands will play against Christian Pulisic's USA. They should logically make it through this round and into the quarter-finals. We see the same fate for Argentina against Denmark, Germany against Croatia, Brazil against Uruguay, France against Poland, England against Senegal, Spain against Belgium and finally Portugal against Switzerland for the last 16.
We’re down to the final eight teams now in the 2022 World Cup. Lionel Messi's Argentina should be able to defeat Memphis Depay's Netherlands. Neymar and Brazil will have a tough game against the Germans, but would have the quality to reach the last four. The clash between France and England will be difficult for both teams, but our experts see a French victory here. In the expected Portugal-Spain clash, the Spaniards should get the better of Cristiano Ronaldo and his team-mates, which means the legendary Ronaldo might play his last World Cup without lifting the trophy.
Check out the odds on Qatar World Cup/ctaLink]
The last four of the competition would then see two huge clashes. Argentina will face Brazil, while France will play Spain for a place in the World Cup final. And it is the two Parisian based players Neymar and Mbappé who can make it through to the final of the 2022 World Cup.
Now to the most important match in world football and we believe it’ll be between Brazil and France, a déjà-vu of the 1998 finals. But this time there won’t be a victory for Les Bleus! Neymar and his team-mates are on a high at the start of the World Cup and look set to win the title and add a sixth star to their shirts. The team's victory would then be much deserved, with a dream run against Uruguay, Germany, Argentina and then France. It would be enough to make many football lovers accept they are the best team in the world.
So that's it, as far as our predictions for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar are concerned. Do you agree with us? Don't hesitate to take advantage of the bonuses currently offered by the bookmakers to try a small bet. And if you don't agree, you can of course try your luck anyway. The SportyTrader editorial team wishes you the best of luck in any case!
Also read about the 2022 World Cup:
- Our free 2022 Football World Cup Betting Tips and Predictions
- Where is the 2022 World Cup being played?
- Bookmakers: who will win the 2022 World Cup?
- World Cup 2022: our tips for getting started in sports betting
- How to bet on the 2022 World Cup?
- How to use the Cash Out during the 2022 World Cup?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: Which Continent will win in Qatar?
- 2022 World Cup Schedule: The best matches
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Ghana?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Cameroon?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for the USA?
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Canada
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Wales
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Portugal
- Spain’s chances in 2022 World Cup
- 2022 World Cup: Best Bets for Germany
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for the Netherlands?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Brazil?
- 2022 World Cup : What bets to make for Qatar?
- Qatar 2022: What bets to make for Australia?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: What bets to make for France?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: What bets to make for Argentina?
- 2022 Football World Cup: What bets to make for England?
- Qatar 2022: who will win the Golden Boot?
- 2022 FIFA World Cup: Premier League Players to Watch
- On Which Channels Can You Watch the 2022 World Cup?
- World Cup 2022: three big odds for the jackpot?
- 2022 FIFA FWC: you can bet on these players
- World Cup records: what can I bet on?
- World Cup 2022 Betting Sites: the best Bookmakers
- How to compare all World Cup Teams?
- How will Europeans bet during the 2022 World Cup? (Infographic)
- What are the best betting sites Offers and Promotions for the football World Cup?