145 goals scored at the 2010 World Cup, in comparison to 171 four years ago in Brazil: let it be said, after tactical changes made in the 2000s, the World Cup has once again become an spectacle of goals and attacking ability at all times. It is also a safe bet that the scenes will be similar in Russia this summers, as the teams involved have serious attacking quality for 21st edition of the notorious competition. Whether it's the flagship nations, like Brazil with Neymar, Germany with its duo Werner-Müller and Portugal with Cristiano, or the most modest nations, each with scorers capable of shining at any time during the tournament.. So who will be able to raise the trophy of top scorer of the Russian edition? Here are some tips and advice with the five best odds proposed by the bookmakers.
Messi, high expectations all around
Not surprisingly, the Pulga serves as the ultimate favourite for the title of top scorer of the competition. Almost certain to go a long way - Argentina being winners, according to the ratings for the World Cup - Messi knows that his teammates will play for him and should be able to enjoy many opportunities in Russia. Brilliant with Barça and hero of Argentina during qualifying, the Catalan has in any case, all the cards in hand to succeed James Rodriguez, top scorer in 2014.
Neymar just behind
After Messi, the PSG superstar, it is Neymar who is favoured by the bookmakers. Plain sailing now after a turbulent start to the season, the former Barcelona player is currently recovering but should return in time for the kickoff of the World Cup. Since we know that Brazil is likely to play and win games in the tournament, and that their wonder kid will play for them, his position among the 5 most expected scorers remains logical. Now, given his long period of inactivity, we find it difficult to bet on him. It’s down to you to make your decision.
Why not Griezmann?
At the foot of the podium, we find the darling of the French, Antoine Griezmann. The best player and top scorer of the Euro 2016, Atlético Madrid striker will still be the number one asset of the French in Russia, and should, too, shake the nets during the tournament. Author of a great season with the Spanish club, his goal scoring ability is expected by sports betting sites and should be the subject of many bets in France. If the Blues have a good run, he will have the opportunity to challenge for the distinction.
Werner, the heir
Finally, to complete this Top 5, it is the German Timo Werner who is favoured for the predictions. Regarded as the best goal scorer of the Nationalmannschaft before the tournament, the native of Stuttgart also has serious quality and should show these in the summer in Russia. Regular under the jersey of RB Leipzig, he will play his first World Cup and will have the advantage of freshness, oh how important in this kind of international tournament. In any case if we assume that Germany can go all the way, he will have 7 games to score a maximum of goals. In these conditions, the odds proposed for his title of top scorer remains interesting to try. Worth trying for those of you big World Cup fans.
This may interest you too:
- England Panama tips
- Nigeria Iceland tips
- Three big odds on the World
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- World Cup Calendar: the most beautiful matches
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Which player will score the most goals in this year's World Cup?
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup Infographic - What You Need to Know!
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: Which outsiders to bet on?
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?