Note: As this news is from the last World Cup, why not check out our Women's World Cup predictions, one of the biggest sporting events of summer 2019!
World Cup: Which outsiders ?
Germany, Brazil, France, Spain, Argentina: No, this 21st edition of the World Cup has no shortage of favourites before the start of the matches in Russia. Yet, as every four years, it is other nations that could delight punters this summer, including the big odds that accompany them. Without detours, we deliver the three selections that serve as perfect outsiders in the months of June and July, as well as their best odds World Cup market. Stay attentive.
Belgium, finally the good year?
As at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil or during Euro 2016 in France, the Belgian national team will be one of the biggest outsiders of the Russian tournament this summer. Positioned in a group within their reach - England, Tunisia, Panama - the Red Devils will fight first with England to glean the first place in their group G. Behind, if our World Cup predictions are good, Senegal would then be on their way, before a potential encounter against Brazil in the quarterfinals. Less experienced than the announced cadors, the men of Roberto Martinez would then have a lot to do, of course, but are capable of everything on matchday. With an extremely qualitative workforce - Courtois, Vermaelen, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen, Meunier, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Hazard, Carrasco, Witsel, Lukaku, Benteke, Mertens to name a few - and a game turned towards the offensive, the fourth of the 1986 edition (Mexico) are in any case to take into account during your bets.
With the Belgians, the Croats should also be considered as contenders in the 2018 World Cup. Considered the team to have played best during Euro 2016, the team at the Damier is also equipped with world class players, able to shine at any position. You only need to watch the players retained by Zlatko Dalic to realize it: Subasic, Corluka, Vida, Lovren, Vrsaljko, Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, Badelj, Brozovic, Perisic, Mandzukic, Kalinic or even Pjaca. Suffice to say that talent will not rare this summer in the Croatian ranks. Croatian ranks that will be reinforced by an impeccable team spirit, and a growing experience over the course of events. Eighth in the final round of the Euro - 1-0 defeat against Portugal - the Croatians, in any case take will be taken very seriously at this World Cup. Embarked in Pool D with Argentina, Iceland and Nigeria, the heirs of Davor Suker have ample means to cause upset at the best sports betting sites.
Why not Uruguay?
Finally, our prediction specialists on the World Cup also have their eyes turned to Uruguay, another potential surprise of the 2018 World Cup. In a group largely within reach - Russia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia - the Celeste should be able to leave quietly of the group stage, before gaining strength in the tournament. With players of the caliber of Suarez, Cavani, Godin, Muslera, Gimenez or Vecino, there is in any case something to come and trap the big. The world champions in 1930 and 1950 were eighth in the final of 2014, and a elimination in the Copa America 2016. In other words, that the motivation will be great at the men of Oscar Tabarez, and that she should play a role in her family's journey. Watch them.
This may interest you too:
- Three big odds on the World
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- World Cup Calendar: the most beautiful matches
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Which player will score the most goals in this year's World Cup?
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Who will be the top Scorer?
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup Infographic - What You Need to Know!
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: What is the betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?