Note: As this news is from the last World Cup, you can travel to our predictions on the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup instead, to keep up-to-date on one of the biggest tournaments on the summer!
One of the most consistent goal poachers in English football, the Tottenham Hotspur player is one of the forwards that will most likely make the trip to Russia. The 24-year-old, who made the Guardian's top five list of the best footballers in the planet, has score 104 goals in 146 appearances the Spur since 2009, making him a preferential choice in the striking pack for Gareth Southgate. A versatile player, Kane can play both as a centre forward and in the wide attacking positions, an ability that makes him a treasured selection in any team. In addition, his great pace and the strength to score from vast distances give Kane a great prominence in the matches he plays in. Kane 'top scorer' is also favored by the predictions on the 2018 World Cup. He has in the past been compared to Tottenham great Jurgen Klinsmann and he certainly continues to live to the billing. It is such prowess that has seen him assigned 16/1 odds of being the top scorer on Sportingbet.
Raheem Shaquille Sterling has been a dependable stalwart in the Manchester City squad and there is a high likelihood that he will make the English attack force in Volgograd. Sterling, a natural winger, has the adaptability that allows him to play in various positions, including the midfield, making a valued selection for England's coach. Having scored 30 goals in 95 appearances for the Light Blues, Sterling will be out to prove that he is among his country's leading players and has been touted to pick the goldenboot at odds of 67.00 on Bwin. Having scored The player, too, is known for his pace and great dribbling skills, a prowess that will most certainly be attractive in the Russia show. His great upper body strength gives sterling the ability to competitively fight it out with opposing defenders, and it is expected that he will impress for the three lions.
Leicester City's Jamie Vardy is the most experienced of the players that stand a great chance of playing in Russia. The Leicester City striker remains one of the hardest workers in the English Prmeier League and he will certainly be in the World Cup team to inspire his younger teammates to domination. In addition, the skillful forward will be a valued selection as he is extremely accurate in penalty kicks as well as aerial ball redirection. Vardy was one of the most-adventurous players in his younger days, with part of his career being characterized with heavy drinking, but he has over time reformed and is now of the most-inspiring forwards in England. William Hill give him odds of 50/1 for his likelihood to emerge the tournament's top scorer. Having him in the team will also inspire his younger counterparts to discipline on and off the pitch, in addition to him being a leader in the team's goal-seeking endeavors.
This may interest you too:
- Three big odds on the World
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- World Cup Calendar: the most beautiful matches
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Who will be the top Scorer?
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup Infographic - What You Need to Know!
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: Which outsiders to bet on?
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?