Expected of all and already subject to numerous bets at sports betting sites, the football World Cup promises to be great, and this from the group stage. The big players will be present, the suspense too and shocks are already planned for our greatest teams.
Portugal-Spain start the big matches
On the first day of the World Cup is a tantalizing duel between the Portugal of Cristiano Ronaldo and the Spain of Sergio Ramos. Positioned both in an affordable group with Iran and Morocco, the two nations will undoubtedly play a part of the first place in this inaugural duel. European Champions in title, the Portuguese will have to be at the top of their game not to see the World Champions 2010 escape. For the moment the World Cup odds give the favourite spot to the Spaniards. What will it be?
Germany-Mexico turns towards the offensive
Two days later, it will be the duel between Germany and Mexico which should keep us in suspense. As we have known for a long time, the reigning World Champions are simply one of the best offensive nations in the world. What we do not always know, on the contrary, is that Mexico is also not the last to attack. Dos Santos, Vela, Chicharito, Aquino ... the talent is there in the group of Juan Osorio. The goals could therefore rain on the lawn of the Luzhniki stadium in Moscow, and already give indications as who will qualify. We don’t; doubt the German side however.
Brazil-Switzerland for qualifying
Barely time to digest the beautiful displays between Germans and Mexicans we will see at work two beautiful nations of the World: Brazil and Switzerland. In the company of Costa Rica and Serbia, these two nations will be favourites for a ticket in the round of 16, the side could therefore, in the first act, take the shape of a final for the first place. Of course, Neymar's Auriverde group will be the huge favourite for victory, but the Swiss, who is full of talent, will not be underestimated. Embolo, Shaqiri, Xhaka, Frei, Dzemaili, Rodriguez, Burki ... Much of what annoy the group of Titus.
Argentina-Croatia, for the sake of the game
After their respective matches against Iceland and Nigeria, Argentina and Croatia will meet on the second day for what should look like an offensive show of quality. Between Lionel Messi, Aguero, Dybala or Di Maria on one side, and Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic or Perisic on the other, offensive areas should be honoured on the lawn of the Nizhny Novgorod Stadium (400km from Moscow). In any case on the side of Sportytrader we cannot wait to watch group D, which will undoubtedly be decisive for the courses of the one and the other nations.
Finally, how not to speak of the real shock that awaits us on the third day between England and Belgium? Positioned in a group composed of Panama and Tunisia, the two nations should be able to easily qualify for the rest of the tournament. On Thursday, June 28, stadium Kaliningrad (45km from Europe), the Anglo-Belgian duel should therefore look like a final for the first place of the group. When you know that the team that finishes second could face Columbia duo James-Falcao in the round of 16, needless to say, the stakes will be high. Hazard and Alli will have to be on top to bring their country to victory.
This may interest you too:
- Three big odds on the World
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Which player will score the most goals in this year's World Cup?
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Who will be the top Scorer?
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup Infographic - What You Need to Know!
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: Which Outsiders to bet on?
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?