We are just four months away from the 2018 World Cup and the excitement is beginning to build. Nothing beats a World Cup summer as we get to see the best players in the World play against each other for a month in passion fuelled and drama filled games. This year’s tournament has the potential to be one of the best in recent times as not only are all the best players such as Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc. all at the tournament, but the draw makes it very possible for us too see some huge matches in the knockout stages. With our excitement building, we’ve decided to take a look at 3 bets that we think have very good odds for this year’s tournament.
Name the Finalists
The World Cup is a very testing tournament for players and it takes a strong squad to be able to outlast the 31 other teams. So with that being said, we believe the final this year will be an all European clash between reigning World Champions Germany, and Euro 2016 runners-up, France. Both teams have lots of depth in their squads and can adapt their playing style in order to beat different teams. When looking at routes to the final, France could see themselves having to get past Croatia, Spain and Brazil to reach the final, given that they win their Group. Germany on the other hand, after potentially winning their group, would have to get past Switzerland, England and Argentina before a date with the French in the final. The odds of a Germany vs France final can be backed at 14/1 on WilliamHill.
The top goalscorer market is always one where good value can be found and this year is no different. We think it is important to look at the groups that some of the likely candidates are playing in. For example, Lionel Messi is a favourite with many bookmakers and in Argentina`s group, he will come up against Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria. All games that Argentina will be favourites for and winning that group could lead Argentina to a last 16 game against Denmark. These are all games that Messi is likely to score in, however, we think that there is better value to be got in the Euro 2016 top goalscorer, Antoine Griezmann. He will be part of a French side that will play Australia, Peru and Denmark in their group. We think the Atletico Madrid striker can score a few goals in these games but also, with the French having a good chance of getting to the final, the possibility of more games could mean more goals and that`s why we think Antoine Griezmann to be top goalscorer looks a very good price at 14/1 on betfair.
Belgium have a squad packed full of great players who play at the very top level of the club game. Players like Hazard, Courtois, Lukaku and Nainggolan are all big names in World football. With players of such high caliber, we think the Belgians can atleast make it to a quarter final. We think that they can win their group against England, Tunisia and Panama before possibly beating Poland in the last 16. They would then likely face Brazil in the quarter final which would be a tough test. Belgium to get eliminated in the Quarter Final stage is priced at 5/2 on sportingbet.
Read also :
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- World Cup Calendar: the most beautiful matches
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Which player will score the most goals in this year's World Cup?
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Who will be the top Scorer?
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup Infographic - What You Need to Know!
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: Which outsiders to bet on?
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?