Note: As this news is from the last World Cup, why not check out our Women's World Cup predictions, on one of the biggest sporting events of summer 2019!
World Cup: What might affect your bets?
Specialists have always been in sports betting and football fans, the experts of Sportytrader have, take stock of the impact of the World Cup 2018 on the online betting sector once again. What to expect from bookmakers? Which bets are currently favoured around the World Cup? Who to bet with? How? Through our computer graphics, we have tried to answer these questions that many people are asking themselves.
2018 World Cup, who will bet?
For the first major axis of our infographic, we wanted to dwell on the typical profile of the punter who will try his luck in the Russian competition. Not surprisingly, the latter is already a man. Although the number of women bettors continues to grow in Europe - more than 10% - it is indeed the male sex that should hurry this summer among our bookmakers friends. Thus, the typical bettor of the 2018 World Cup will be a man aged 35, single, passionate about football and wagering on average eleven euros per bet. Betting mostly on mobile, the latter wants more and more nomad and will not hesitate to bet from anywhere, at any time of the day. By depositing mainly by credit card (82%), he will use the applications available on the market to place his bets. Bets that will mostly concern pre-match bets (35% live betting only), on the final result of the matches. A portrait that ultimately remains in line with the trends observed since Euro 2016, during which the nomadic wager exploded in the Old Continent.
There will be plenty of surprises on the bettors side, the big winners of this FIFA World Cup will of course be the betting operators, once again. According to our forecasts, nearly 17 billion euros will be spent on the World Cup this summer, during the 64 meetings of the competition. A colossal amount, necessarily, which every bookmaker will wish to take advantage to ensure a sustainable future and innovate, constantly, around this betting market. According to various studies, 60,000 new bettors are also expected on average by bookmaker, and especially through spending in the communication sector. Television, radio, internet, urban display ... all means are good to win the hearts of bettors. This will still result in a strong figure: during the 2018 World Cup, 20% of all Internet users will visit a bookmaker at least once. Bet365, 888Sport, Betway, among others can therefore be reassured: the 2018 World Cup will unleash the crowds.
Open an account and bet
World Cup in Russia: Preferred Bets
Many bettors with many bets: this 21st edition of the Football World Cup promises to be great for online sports betting. Mass bettors who have already delivered a first verdict, Germany's Joachim Löw remains favourite in the quest for the final consecration. At the time of writing these lines, and after consulting the best bookmakers on the market, it is indeed the Germans that has attracted the most bids in Europe, for nearly 26% of the total. Behind the Germans, the French with Griezmann are also acclaimed by bettors (25%) as well as the Brazil with talisman Neymar (20%). Shares that finally correspond with the World Cup odds proposed by betting sites, which announce the trio Germany-Brazil-France favourites ahead of Spain or Argentina. On behalf of a World Championship already expected to be spectacular with an expected average of 2.7 goals per game could be exceeded. While waiting to see if the different forecasts of the World will be proved true, the summer announcement is exciting for everyone.
This may interest you too:
- All about France vs Belgium
- Croatia vs England betting tips
- Three big odds on the World
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- World Cup Calendar: the most beautiful matches
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Which player will score the most goals in this year's World Cup?
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Who will be the top Scorer?
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: Which outsiders to bet on?
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?