England and Nigeria meet in an international friendly ahead of the commencement of the 2018 World Cup in Russia. These teams rarely come up against one another and they have only met on one occasion back in the 2002 World Cup. They met in the group stages of the World Cup back when it was hosted by South Korea. The first and only meeting of these nations ended in a 0-0 draw.
The meet here in June of 2018, just weeks before the World Cup gets underway. England host the African nation at Wembley. With the World Cup just around the corner both nations may opt to go with a reserved starting 11 to rest players for the main event. Despite this, you can expect an interesting duel between these nations, they’ve only met on one occasion before this so neither team can make assumptions about the other. The good thing about a friendly bout ahead of the World Cup, we’ll get a glimpse at how the teams line up, play and their style of football.
If this game proves to be an exciting one, you can hope and pray these two nations meet on the world stage. Nigeria were drawn in group D with strong contenders Argentina. Also in group D is Iceland and Croatia. With only two teams advancing from the group, Nigeria are not complete write offs yet and could show their face in the knockout stages. As for England, they were drawn in group G with also strong contenders Belgium. Tunisia and Panama also make up group G so qualification to the knockout stages for England is likely. There is a real chance that these nations could be pit against one another in the World Cup.
If you fancy the odds on this friendly, which are quite attractive at Bet365 especially, then do not hesitate to place your bet. And if you would like to see how both of these teams could come to meet in the 2018 World Cup, read the tips and find the best odds here.
- Three big odds on the World
- Which continent wins at the World Cup?
- Who will qualify in the final?
- World Cup Calendar: the most beautiful matches
- Who are the favourites to host the 2026 World Cup?
- World Cup 2018: Our advice for beginners
- Which player will score the most goals in this year's World Cup?
- Cash Out - How to enjoy it during the World Cup
- 5 Great Highlights from the World Cup
- The Surprise Players to Watch in the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup: Who will be the top Scorer?
- World Cup: What is the betting on Brazil?
- World Cup: Who bets on Spain?
- World Cup 2018: How have the odds changed since the draw?
- World Cup forecast: Our Table
- World Cup Infographic - What You Need to Know!
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on England
- World Cup 2018: Best betting on Nigeria
- World Cup 2018: Which outsiders to bet on?
- World Cup 2018: All the best betting sites Offers and Promotions
- (Video) World Cup - A Look at England’s World Cup Hopes in Group G
- World Cup: What is the betting on Australia?